The purpose of this visa is to travel to Italy as a tourist, either by taking a trip organised by a tour operator, or through individual booking of tickets and accommodation.
|VISA FEE (EURO)||VISA FEE (FCFA)|
|Schengen Short Term Type C Visa (Senegal Nationals and other countries)||Above 12 years of age||80.00||52.500|
|Between 6 years and less than 12 years of age||40.00||26.300|
|Less than 6 years of age||Free of Charge||Free of Charge|
|Cabo Verde Citizens||60||39.400|
- Applicants will be paying a service fee of FCFA 10496 (inclusive of VAT 12%)
- The applicable Visa Fee and Service fee are as per the current rate of exchange set by the Embassy of Italy. They are subject to change without any notice
- All the Fees are non-refundable
The photo must:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on high quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colour
- be 35–40 mm in width
- be maximum 6 months old and resemble the applicant
- be taken with the applicant facing the camera directly, against a light background
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face must occupy 70–80 % of the picture.
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair must not cover the eyes.
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses must not be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there must be no reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed, provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- shadows on the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth for meeting these requirements is available at the visa application centre.
The Embassy of Italy in Dakar processes visa applications for individual tourism and business within two working days (36 hours) from delivery of the passport to the Embassy. If particular checks are necessary, the processing time may be longer. The Schengen legislation provides for a maximum processing time of 15 days, extendable to 45 days if necessary (art. 23 of the Schengen Visa Code). However, applicants are invited to apply for a visa well in advance of the scheduled departure date (at least 15 days before departure). The visa application can be submitted a maximum of six months before the intended departure.
Days may be added to the normal processing times indicated for applications submitted by citizens of countries subject to security consultation.